Causes Of Bad breath:
- Certain foods, such as onions, garlic and spices can cause bad breath.
- Smoking can cause an unpleasant mouth odor and can lead to gum disease, which also causes bad breath.
- Poor dental hygiene causes food particles to remain in your mouth, causing bad breath.
- Dry mouth can contribute to bad breath because the production of cleansing saliva is decreased:
- Dry mouth occurs naturally during sleep, causing “morning breath,” and it worsens if you breathe through your mouth.
- Some medications have dry mouth as a side-effect, producing bad breath as a result. Others are broken down in the body and release chemicals that are carried on your breath.
- Tooth decay, gum infection, and other infections in the mouth, nose and throat can contribute to bad breath.
- Diseases in the body can cause bad breath as a result of the chemicals they produce.
- Chronic reflux of stomach acids can be associated with bad breath.
Solutions to get rid of bad breath and boost confidence
Practice good oral care at home:
- Brushing twice a day and flossing regularly will avoid dental health issues.
- Change your toothbrush regularly: Bacteria can build up in a toothbrush and contribute to bad breath
- Scrape your tongue: The bacteria that coat your tongue are a big contributor to bad breath. To remove this smelly bacteria, gently brush your tongue with your toothbrush.
- Keep your mouth moist: Keeping well hydrated can improve your oral health immediately.
- Avoid Smoking: In addition to increasing your risk for cancer, smoking also damages gums, stains teeth and gives you bad breath.
- Avoid over the counter mouthwashes for everyday use:
Diet for a healthy mouth:
- Avoid eating too many sugary foods and drinks, which encourage bacterial growth in the mouth, and are also a cause of tooth decay.
- Avoid foods that are known to cause bad breath, like onions and garlic.
- Herbal home remedies include chewing and freshening your mouth with lemon or orange rind, cloves, fennel seeds, aniseed or mint.
- Taking probiotics everyday will help maintain good gut health.