After having an in chair whitening session there are some do’s and don’ts to optimise the benefits of your whitening treatment.
- Brush and floss regularly. Maintaining your standard dental routines will help you keep your teeth looking shiny and clean for weeks after the treatment.
- Be patient as teeth whitening procedures continue to work even after you have left our surgery.
- Drink beverages using s straw. This reduces the amount of fluid that has contact with the front surfaces of your teeth.
- Use the provided at home whitening kit for maintenance. This is a convenient and easy way to maintain your bright smile.
- Use the Tooth Mousse provided if you experience sensitivity.
- Rinse after each meal. This helps to remove food particles from the mouth and gives you fresher breath. If you choose to use a mouth rinse, look for one with teeth whitening properties.
Maintaining a healthy smile after your teeth whitening procedure will help make the most of your session and keep your teeth looking great for longer. This can be done by being consistent with your dental hygiene routine, regular visits to your dentist, eating the right types of foods and avoiding dark coloured beverages.
- Don’t wear lipstick immediately after the teeth whitening session as it can stain the teeth and leave behind a residue.
- Don’t drink red wine, tea or coffee immediately after you have your teeth whitened.
- Both of these can stain your teeth. Avoid any dark coloured beverages as often as possible to prevent staining.
- Don’t eat dark coloured foods for a few weeks after your treatment. These foods include, beetroot, tomato based sauces, soy sauce, curries, dark berries,
- Don’t smoke
- Don’t use your at home bleaching kit until 2 weeks after your in chair treatment.
A general rule of thumb is to remember if it would stain a white t-shirt; it may stain your teeth.